Thursday, December 18, 2014

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas!


This is our third Christmas tree we've had over the years ~ we have downsized and it's a lot less work.  Our first tree was 10 feet tall with over 100 branches you had to put in by hand and was unlit, so it used to take us several hours just to get it up and then several hours for me to decorate
(way too much work for me now).  

Then we had an 8 1/2 foot tree for many years and now this one which is 7 feet tall.  I used to put over 200 ornaments on our tree, but now have a little over 100 ornaments on our tree ~ most of them given as gifts so they have a lot of meaning.  

I collect snowmen and I have quite a few of them on our tree and also a separate shelf with only snowmen on it ~ they make me smile.

This is one of my favorite old fashioned looking village scenes ~
 the fiber optic tree changes colors and looks sweet at night.


I bought this sweet snowman at a craft show many years ago and the sled I found in Door County and love the rustic touch ~ sledding anyone?

This year I made these miniature bottle brush containers using different glass jars that I added hand glittered bottle brush trees with white sand as the base and I sprinkled sparkly white glitter on top ~ I'm giving them as gifts and decided to make a couple for myself:)

The red reindeer my mom recently gave me and have been in our family for many years and have special meaning to me.  The Night before Christmas book I found at an estate sale and it's from the early1900's ~ very happy to find this little treasure:)

I like decorating our light with some beaded garland and some greenery and vintage ornaments.  The vintage crystals I keep up all the time which gives it a little bit of sparkle.
I absolutely love this vintage wash board and I think it works well with this miniature tree 
~ the little queen!

BE MERRY!

Merry Christmas from our home 
to 
yours.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment